A lot has happened since my last photoblog post, way back on 29th March 2010.
- I got a really great new job, ending the fucking torment that was Saatchi's and then Localist that followed immediately after
- Somehow my SB-800 speedlight got broken, which kinda precipitated me not picking up my camera again
- My mental health took a dive for 12 years (see first bullet point)
- Then there was a long period of nothingness, although managed to learn how to paint the inside of the house, landscaped the whole section, put in a new kitchen and renovate my man cave...
- These little kids finished school, went to uni, got great jobs and moved out of the house
- I rebuilt this website, which was originally coded in 2004 - it's now Python/Flask instead of PHP - Although ironically I posted this post with the old Pixelpost admin as I haven't yet coded a new admin
- While rebuilding the website, I got to reading most of my old posts. I didn't recognise that person I was compared to who I have been for the last 10 years or so. Which was a bit of a wake up really. Of course some of those posts are cringe now. But I used to be someone that did things, went out
- Then I decided I needed to do something with the rest of my days, spoke to my doctor and then picked up my camera and ordered a secondhand SB800 as a symbolic way of starting again where I left off - I'm still shooting the same old D70 (for now)
- And finally today I went for a walk, with my camera, in an effort to shoot and post a photo. Given I have barely even taken a photo with my phone in the last 10 years, I'm going to need to learn everything again, the camera, finding and capturing images, the workflow, how to edit photos (using Darktable now), and even this arvo I had to code a way to post this post as it didn't exist after the rebuild.
It's not good in any measure, but I take heart that if we go back to the first image I ever posted, it was also no good, nor was the following 80 odd posts. It'll good come again, I hope.
it's a tree at the end of the sand spit at Tahuna Torea